DXR’09 is looking for excellent examples of Animation/New Media, this time from both North and South Carolina. If you or your company would like to show your animation or short film for the rest of NC to see, please submit it to us for review. If our panel of judges likes what they see, along with the information you provide, you will receive a letter of offer to display your product in Exhibition ’09.
- Short Film
- Computer Games
- Rich Media
- Digital Art
Download the Animation New Media entry form
Fill out and send it in with a CD/DVD of the required images, animation/film, entry information and the review fee.
- You live, go to school, or work within the states of North Carolina or South Carolina
- You are least 18 years of age
- You are the original creator of the piece
- You have not copied anyone else’s work
- Your work does not infringe on anyone else’s intellectual property
- If the piece has been created for a second party, you have the rights to show it to the public
- No board-only exhibits will be accepted. Exhibits must include a your actual animation or film. Computers and monitors will be provided for Exhibition ’09, so we will accept your actual piece on the entry CD/DVD.
Requirements on CD/DVD:
- Designated Publicity Image (8″x8″ at 300 dpi) to be published in the DXR ’09 book. JPEG format. Please do not include company or designer name in image.
- B&W photo of the main designer(s) or company logo (3″x3″ at 300 dpi). JPEG format.
- Firm Profile, no more than 150 words. Microsoft Word format.
- Project Statement, no more than 250 words. Microsoft Word format.
- Exhibit Images. DXR exhibit boards are in a 16″x16″ square format. Please provide the actual images that you plan to use on the exhibit boards. You must provide image for1 board (16″x16″ at 150 dpi). JPG format. See this example. (Note** the images on the boards can be what you want them to be, this is just an example).
- Actual animation, film or game footage/demo
Application review fees (due with application):
$15/entry for Student Submission
$50/entry for Professional Submission
Participation fee (due after project has been accepted with other paperwork and images):
$35/entry for Student Submission
$100/entry for Professional Submission
Submissions will be accepted from Feb. 9th to March 09, 2009.
Letters of offer to exhibit will be mailed on or around April 1, 2009. Products and boards must be delivered by April 24th to the exhibition space or designated drop-off locations.
Opening night is May 1st, 2009.