DXR’09 wants to recognize the best of Fashion and Textile Design that is happening in both North and South Carolina. If you are a fashion designer, textile designer, or accessory designer, and have a wonderful line or fabric you want to show off, please submit it to us for review. Any category is permissible: art to wear, high fashion, streetwear, performance sportswear, accessories, textile design, etc. If our panel of judges likes what they see along with the information you provide, you will receive a Letter of Offer to exhibit your project in Exhibition ’09.
Download the Textiles and Fashion Design Entry Forms
Fill out and send it in with a CD of the required images, information and the review fee.
- Fashion: Art to Wear, High Fashion, Streetwear, Performance Sportswear, etc.
- Textile Design
- Accessory Design: Jewelry, Handbags, Shoes, etc.
- Student Work
- You live, go to school, or work within the state of North Carolina or South Carolina
- You are least 18 years of age
- You are the original creator of the design
- You have not copied anyone else’s work
- Your design does not infringe on anyone else’s intellectual property
- A signed Photography Rights Form must be included in the submission entry
- If the design has been created for a second party, you have the rights to show the design to the public
- No board-only exhibits will be accepted. At least one article/textile sample from each collection selected to be shown is required in actual form at the DXR ’09 Exhibition.
Requirements on CD/DVD:
- Designated Publicity Image (8″x8″ at 300 dpi) to be published in the DXR ’07 book. JPEG format. Please do not include company or designer name in image.
- B&W photo of the main designer(s) or company logo (3″x3″ at 300 dpi). JPEG format.
- Firm Profile, no more than 150 words. Microsoft Word format.
- Project Statement, no more than 250 words. Microsoft Word format.
- Exhibit Images. DXR exhibit boards are in a 16″x16″ square format. Please provide the actual images that you plan to use on the exhibit boards. Please show multiple views of a garment or line. You must provide images for 2 boards (16″x16″ at 150 dpi). JPG format. See this example. (Note** the images on the boards can be what you want them to be, this is just an example).
Application review fees (due with application):
$15/entry for Student Submission
$50/entry for Professional Submission
Participation fee (due after project has been accepted with other paperwork and images):
$35/entry for Student Submission
$100/entry for Professional Submission
Submissions will be accepted from Feb. 9th to March 9th, 2009.
Letters of offer to exhibit will be mailed on or around April 1, 2009. Products and boards must be delivered by April 24, 2009 to the exhibition space or designated drop-off locations.
Opening night is May 1, 2009.